Award in Clinical Photography
This programme is suitable for registered dental care professionals who are working clinically, and/or those working in non-clinical roles undertaking clinical photography, who wish to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in dental photography.
Students undertaking the programme must complete a short online induction after which all learning will be carried out on our virtual e-learning platform.
Study is part guided and part self-directed and students have a maximum of 18 weeks to complete the Award programme.
This qualification is awarded by Dental Team Qualifications (DTQ). The DTQ assessments are all e-based assessments carried out in a controlled environment.
Students are required to maintain an activity log, and development plan, both of which are available within DTT’s e-learning environment.
Who is the programme aimed towards?
The Award in Clinical Photography is aimed at all registered dental care professionals who are working clinically, and/or those working in non-clinical roles undertaking clinical photography, who would like to learn more about and undertake clinical photography.
What is the area of study?
The following units of study make up the Award:
- Law, Ethics and Professionalism
- Health and Safety and Infection Prevention and Control In Dentistry
- Clinical Record Keeping, Including Photographs of Records and Storage of Records, including Photographs
- Consent and Confidentiality
- Relevant dental and oral anatomy and physiology including occlusion
- Camera technology, set up and settings
- Patient Positioning; Appropriate and Safe Use of Photographic Equipment
- Use of photography equipment: cheek retractors and intra-oral photography mirrors
- Clinical Process and Practical Skills In The Taking Of Extra-oral and Intra-oral Clinical Photographs
- Photograph quality assurance and case presentation
What makes this photography course different?
- No additional costs; assessment fees are included
- Blended style learning - Online, interactive and face-to-face with direct tutor support
- Electronic portfolio submission
- Training using your practice’s camera equipment
- Delivered by a Specialist-led Orthodontic team – we practice what we teach and teach what we practice!
How is the programme delivered?
All units are delivered online using our e-learning environment. Students are guided and supported by a Tutor/Mentor. Optional hands-on sessions at one of our centres, or in-house, are available on request. Please contact us for further information.
How is the qualification assessed?
The students’ knowledge, understanding and skills are assessed by the completion of a number of assessments on their virtual e-portfolio. These e-assessments take a variety of styles, which ensure that all units of study are assessed fairly and proportionately.
Students have three attempts at each e-assessment. The e-assessments are carried out in a controlled environment and submitted using the e-learning platform.
How long will the programme take?
Students are given up to 16-weeks to complete the study and then a further 2 weeks to complete and submit their e-assessments.
This equates to approximately 5-6 hours of study per week.
By the end of this course dental care professionals will be able to:
- Describe Law, ethics and professionalism
- Describe Health and Safety, Infection Prevention and Control and Medical Emergencies
- Describe anatomical structures relating to the taking of clinical photographs
- Discuss the various procedures that require the taking of clinical photographs and the most appropriate equipment to use
- Produce contemporaneous clinical records, including clinical photographs
- Perform effective communication with patients including (but not exclusively) informed consent, patient management techniques, checking medical history
How much does the programme cost?
- Option 1: £99 per student (does not include practical workshop)
- Option 2: £125 per student (does include practical workshop)
What is included in the cost?
- E-Learning registration
- Practical Workshop
Fees are non-refundable
In the event of an unsuccessful first assessment attempt, there is a £25 fee for each e-assignment re sit.Apply Now